1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's an Eagle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Mort mentioned it on ESPN about 15 minutes ago. I think I'm the only person watching this preseason game.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm writing a check to PETA as we speak. Giggity giggity.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

I don't exactly get the signing, but given McNabb's injury history, I guess it's okay.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Can you have a double Wildcat with Vick and DeSean Jackson on the field? Wait, will Peta allow it to be called a Wildcat anymore?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a good place for him. Established coach, established quarterback, and if Philly fans boo Santa Claus, figures they'll love Vick.

Wow - a Super Bowl rematch! Might be interesting to see how Leinart does.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The UFL is pissed.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think this is terrible for McNabb. We've already seen how much he was affected by the constant media barrage when T.O. was in town. Now he's gonna be asked about Michael Vick and all the baggage he brings every day. I think this is a terrible spot to put your team leader in. I'm sure the team went to him and got his blessing, and I'm sure he'll say all the right things. But is this really what this team needs? Vick isn't the missing piece, and I think his presence may do more harm than good. And yes, it's possible my view is clouded by the fact I think Vick is a subhuman piece of shit. Nonetheless, I can see this move backfiring. And Vick better pray he doesn't have to fill in for an injured McNabb because those Philly fans will eat him alive for not living up to McNabb's level of play, which he couldn't do before his layoff.

8. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Paging Mr. Rhoden and Rev. Jackson.

Please pick up the white courtesy phone.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Instead of calling it the wildcat, they should go with the bulldog in Philadelphia.

10. mb

mb Active Member

Oh, sure. The *white* courtesty phone.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Very true and solid post.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Vick won't be ready to play in an NFL game until Halloween. They weren't running many seven-on-seven drills at his last address.
    2. Vick will only play if McNabb gets hurt.
    3. If Kevin Kolb and A.J. Feeley were your other options, Vick looks more attractive.

This may not turn out well for the Eagles. But I don't think it's any worse for them than it would have been for any other team. God, there are franchises where the fans and, most importantly, the players, know the QB is a stiff. That would be where Vick's presence would be very destructive.

As stated on another thread some time ago, I have no moral issue with Vick returning to the NFL. He did the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted