1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't go bringing facts and common sense into any conversation that stoob starts. It just confuses him more.

2. Mmac

Mmac Guest

You don't think its possible? Shows what you know. Hell, that's absolutely nothing compared to the frame job the LAPD pulled on OJ.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Propaganda"?

4. boots

boots New Member

I don't take everything the goverment says for granted. Nor do I take everything that Vick may say for granted. I can formulate my own opinion. I don't go for spin doctoring too well.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Collectively, the board does not take one single thing you say for granted.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

That's helpful, actually. You don't have a basis for your views, at least not on the political spectrum, that you're willing to state. Got it.

You're an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum, boots.

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

and then deep-fried in a vat of bullshit.

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I'm just sitting here with my little cane pole, bobber and worm, and you have to pull out a tarpon rod casting behind a 150 hp Johnson on a 16 foot Boston Whaler. Shucks.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Seems to me the word "propaganda" has a very specific meaning. To wit:

- The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.

- Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

Are you saying you're skeptical of the news coverage of the case so far? Or are you saying that the news coverage so far is part of the systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause? If so, which doctrine or cause? And propagated by whom? In service of what?

If you're merely skeptical of the news coverage, please say so.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Breaking News:

Mike Vick WILL take a leave of absence from the Atlanta Falcons -

Source: Fox News Atlanta

11. boots

boots New Member

Good for all involved.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Come on 'dexter stay on topic. This is an important discussion about Boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.