1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick needs to STFU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He was a below-average quarterback by any objective standard.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Really.

He led his team - a bad franchise with very few bright spots - to measurably more wins than losses.

He was a full-time starter for five seasons, made three pro bowls and was hurt for one of those seasons.

He holds the NFL record for quarterbacks rushing yards per game - though, I know, those 54 yards per game don't count because they weren't passing.

He accounted for 92 touchdowns in 74 games - yep that's terrible because 21 of them were rushing.

He led Atlanta to two of their six all-time playoff wins and one of their two NFC championship games......

He was an above-average quarterback by any non-racist, non-dog loving whiner's objective standard and to argue otherwise is the height of jackassery

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So anyone who doesn't agree with you on Michael Vick is a racist? You really are a clueless idiot. Really, you are completely worthless and so are your uniformed, ignorant takes on any subject on this board.

4. zagoshe

Yeah, that's what I said genius.

Or maybe I said that to say he was a below-average quarterback is idiocy and ridiculous and speaks to someone who either (a) is an idiot and clueless about football (b) a racist who doesn't like black quarterbacks and can't give them credit or (c) a warm and fuzzy puppy wover who is weally, weally upset because Mikey picked on them poor defenseless animals.......at any rate, you are not being objective if you call the man a below-average quarterback, chief....

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

solid.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

post of the year, dog.

7. zagoshe

Nah, chief.

8. Herbert Anchovy

You win, zag. I'm vanquished. Mike Vick is awesome. I retire early from this one, for fear of boredom.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Eat shit, cocksucker.

10. zagoshe

Well that's good, because you were wrong.

And as for boredom, well, I agree, I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun as clueless idiots posting still photos from Super Bowl XL as proof that the NFL is fixed and the conspiracy to dis the Seahawks was not a figment of the imagination of the ten or 11 jackasses who actually admit they are fans of that sad sack piece of shit team...... ::)

11. Herbert Anchovy

I'm not sure I've made reference to my favorite team or regularly beaten my breasts about their fortunes on this message board. It's not something I do, unless I'm at the bar.

But maybe we can have a sustained discussion of Vanderbilt football again on an NFL thread -- that was suuuch great stuff.

12. zagoshe

Oh that's right, I forgot it wasn't you and OOP arguing about "Super Bowl XL and the farce that it was because the Seahawks were cheated" on every thread which had anything to do with football for at least two years.....we all imagined that, I'm sure...... ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.