1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick needs to STFU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"But I would have to take that time to hone my skills and get better. I'm excited about the opportunity I have moving forward whether it's with Philadelphia or another team." [...]"

Yeah. That's such a terrible thing to say. Hang him!!!!

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Don't make me go all Brock Lesnar on you, Sonner.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not if I throw a Fedor right hand!!

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Electrocution and drowning would be more fitting.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Where did he say he was unhappy with his role?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute -- Michael Vick said he's thankful for the opportunity the Eagles gave him and he knows it is the right place for him right now but looking ahead he'd like an opportunity to go back to being a starting quarterback?

How could he.

Jesus Christ - this might be the most asinine thread every created - and that includes every thread started by Boots about his fictional neighbors and John David Villarel about his sausage parties with professionals hot chicks....... ::)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Vick's a bigger winner than Jay Cutler, though.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, the second year of his contract includes an absurd pay raise that all but guarantees he's cut before then. He won't be traded.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well that is indeed true - both in college and in the NFL.

Of course that is setting the bar extremely low since we fully established that Cutler quarterbacked the worst era of vanderbilt football in the past 12 years......

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If God really wanted to punish Vick he'd be playing QB behind the Bears' offensive line.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

On the one hand, it's good to see the competitive juices flowing in him so much that he's moved to voice his desire to play.
    On the other hand, as many have said, he needs to sit back and wait his turn.
    And be glad a team has agreed to pay him the good money they are paying him.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The world doesn't owe you a damn thing, asshole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.