1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick critic forgets her dog is in the car, windows up ... and it's hot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, not sure that dog should have been alive in the first place. Hopefully it died in its sleep.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

seriously, with a dog that old and sick, who knows if it even stirred or made a peep when the woman got in the car and started driving?

sure, it's an awful p.r. nightmare for her, but does anyone really believe she knowlingly did this to her dog? ??? ??? ???

a delicious story, though.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No one believes she knowingly did this, but it's still stupid and tragic. Like I said, though, dog should have likely been put down a while ago.

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The Obama Death Tribunal concurs. </crossthread>

5. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Sure, this was an accident. This was not her version of canine euthanasia. We can agree on that.

Nonetheless, the cadre of people in the world who are dedicated to preaching to everyone else about how everyone else on Planet Earth needs to live his/her life need a commupance every once in a while. Please note this woman is not going to resign her position - - but she might well be ranting in favor of some other public figure to resign had he/she done a similar thing.

She is a do-gooder who is often takes position of telling others how to behave and how to live their lives. It is satisfying on some level to recognize - - in no uncertain terms - - that those kinds of folks can fuck up too...

Welcome to Earth, Ms. Starr.

Oh, please note that the paper chose not to publish a picture of the deceased canine. Would that have been the case if the perpetrator had been someone else? I'm not sure...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

What in the hell are you talking about?

How does leaving the dog in the car even compare, on any planet, to murdering dogs by the dozen? Being upset with people who kill animals isn't a matter of "...of telling others how to behave and how to live their lives." It's human fucking decency to be appalled by Vick.

If you're getting schendenfraude (sp) out of this, that's disgusting.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So it's satisfying to you that this woman's dog died?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd wager anything that she has never called for anyone's job for accidentally leaving a dog in a car for four hours. This is not an example of true hypocrisy, no matter how much some might wanna spin it that way.

And, btw, the story says she didn't even realize the dog was in the car, combine that with the fact that it was an extraordinarily old and sick dog, and I'm wondering if maybe the dog hadn't ALREADY died the night before and simply not been discoverd yet.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So the husband put a DEAD dog in the car?
    I think one of the vets might have said, "Uh, this dog's already toast" instead of working on it and then sending it to another clinic.

Sad story. You wouldn't believe all the talk around here. The newspaper comments barely touch the scene.

Our last dog before our labs was put down at 17, when she finally couldn't walk any more. She was deaf and blind the last two years of her life. Dogs can deal, as long as they're in familiar surroundings. Great sense of smell. But I assure you, unless she was in my lap or the seat next to me, her silent little ass could have been in the car and I would not have known. I'm a little perplexed as to why the husband didn't tell her the dog was there - would he assume she'd know?

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

No, it's not satisfying to me on any level that her dog died. I don't own a dog but I bear no animus toward them. Oh, and by the way, the first person who tells me that because I don't own a dog disqualifies me from commenting here, let me also state that I have never been involved in any activity whereby a dog died. Ms Starr can no longer make the same statement...

Schadenfruede? Maybe just a bit...

When people choose to put themselves in a position where they are "perfect" - - i.e. they can preach to others about how others ought to behave in certain situations, it then requires those folks to behave "perfectly". Sorry, Ms. Starr didn't.

Wasn't it fun to watch Jimmy Swaggert get busted with prostitutes? How about Senator Craig and his anti-homosexual and family values positions? Add Ms. Starr to that list - - except she isn't nearly as "famous' on a national level.

Sorry, shit happens to everyone - - including animal lovers who want to tell everyone else what to do and how to live their lives.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You're not perfect; I don't believe a fucking word you're saying.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, NO, that's not what I was suggesting. My recollection was that it said her husband left the dog sleeping in the car, and she got in the car and drove to work the ensuing morning without realizing it was there, was just speculating as to the possiblity that it might've died during that in-between period.

OK, that's probably not what happened, but I still don't see that this women did anything worth being catigated over.

Draft saved Draft deleted