1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Turner: Idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 18, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jerry Sandusky was good people. He just had exceedingly bad judgment in that one area.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I just shake my head at the dumb ass statements you make.
    You hear a story and have one of two options: believe it or not to believe it.
    If you live long enough, and meet people besides those sitting behind a computer terminal, you too may have great stories to tell.
    Think about it.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is far more common than you believe, poin. I wouldn't say it's common among my actual friends, but ... acquaintances? Sure.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I guess we should call you Mr. Perfect.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I guess I've never hung out with a bunch of assholes. My bad.

Drunk drivers are good people with bad judgment. I stand corrected.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Personally, I don't think you hang out with anyone.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've long thought that an interesting MADD campaign would be to go 'COPS' style with some officers on patrol on a Friday or Saturday night where they know they're going to get some DUIs. They videotape the offender and ask what he estimates his BAC is, then show the cop getting the breathalyzer measurement to show how far off the person is.

Maybe they could get perps to agree to this in exchange for lighter sentences or something. Would make for an interesting campaign.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here's a sad thought: Of all the groups I come in contact with, I would say the group most likely to decide they're OK after 3-4 beers is the dads hanging around after their kids' baseball games. Which means there's a kid in the car on the way home.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's my vote.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You don't need "personally" when you have "I." Basic stuff.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I used personally as a preference. It was my prerogative. Basic stuff.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Back to Michael Turner, that stretch of 85 in Gwinnett County is known for nabbing people for speeding.

Draft saved Draft deleted