1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Savage for President? Can 5 million people be wrong?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Mar 18, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Michael Weiner Savage actually was booted off my local powerful AM talk station for a few years. Unfortunately it didn't last.

He's a very dangerous man.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

spup, I stand corrected. He's on over 400 stations. His book was a bestseller for a good bit as well, as well.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The man is nothing more than an Archie Bunker wannabe.

4. He's much more than that.
    He's a soulless loon who traded patent medicine for hate speech.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I had never heard him until a cabbie had his show on a year or so ago. Savage spent the entire 15 ride ripping into the just deceased Rosa Parks with a tirade that redefined hateful.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Comparing Michael Savage to Ralph Nader is utterly stupid.

Sure, neither is going to win a nomination for president. They're also two people who have never been in my kitchen.

One is a tireless public servant who has made the world a better place in a variety of ways. The other is a two-bit hack who spews hate on the radio. End comparison.

7. http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2003/03/05/savage/index.html?pn=2

More details.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Five million voters will take away nicely from whomever wins the GOP nomination in 2008.

Run, Michael, run.

Run your fucking ass off.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I don't throw this term out lightly, but Savage is a hatemonger. The guy said the Southeast Asian tsunami was God's punishment against those people...he wished AIDS on a caller. Any radio station that airs his show is being grossly irresponsible. The asshole knows he has no chance of winning...he just wants to run for the free publicity.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It counted my no vote.
    I was driving Friday and I think I caught part of his show while I was looking for basketball on the radio. The host was ranting about how he had been to a hotel breakfast buffet and some terrorist Muslims had demanded that the bacon and sausage be taken off the buffet.
    And the hotel complied with the request.
    But this guy just couldn't believe that someone was forcing their religious beliefs down someone else's throats and how that wasn't American and all those "people" should just leave.
    It was beyond kooky, but I'm sure 90 percent of those listening nodded their heads in agreement.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You're being too kind to Nader.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, I'm not.

Really. Read a book.

Draft saved Draft deleted