1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Savage for President? Can 5 million people be wrong?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Mar 18, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He's to the right of David Duke, practically.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Michael Savage is easily the most dangerous man in America.

And yes, 5 million people can be dead wrong.

But go ahead and run you fucktard. Goddamn hatemonger.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I would loooooooooooove to see him run. There's something about seeing people who are so unbelievably and unwarrantedly (is that a word?) arrogant and certain of themselves get utterly humiliated. Though I'm sure he'd blame the media for the fact his candidacy would make Dennis Kuccinich look like a successful presidential candidate.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He has a pair of PhDs in alternative medicine. Typical quackery, like advocating Vitamin C to cure HIV.

As big a schmuck as they come.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Well, you know, as an Islamofascist, I'm terrified that he'll run and kick me out of the country. ::)

6. Herbert Anchovy

Yeah, that "stance" of his is rich considering he's the son of Jewish Russian immigrants.

7. Flying Headbutt

Would he run on his real name of Michael Weiner?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But don't we all like psychological nudity?

9. Flying Headbutt

That depends, just like physical nudity, who the naked one is.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

The only way for people of Savage's ilk to continue to succeed in radio is to incite deeply felt emotions in the audience. The way people have reacted here means that Savage has succeeded; as soon as he becomes "ho-hum/middle of the road/ordinary" he's off the air in two months.

Savage seems to stand three steps to the right of Vlad the Impaler and if he runs he'll have no success whatsoever. But that is the same fate that will befall Ralph Nader should he run again - - and Nader stands six steps to the left of Ted Kennedy. No one wins the presidency in that area of the US political spectrum. And that's a GOOD thing.

11. Herbert Anchovy

The guy has eight million listeners nationwide on almost 100 stations. He isn't going away. If anything, he's gaining steam and drawing more people (with a certain morning in 2001 as the flashpoint). He is a gigantic flyblown piece of shit, no question, but he has believers. And that's what makes this country more philistine by the day.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Only 100 stations? There are two in my area alone that carry him. And one in the college town I was in, and another two in my hometown.

Draft saved Draft deleted