1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Saw this episode a couple months ago. Truly cringe-worthy stuff.

As for the spinoffs, CI has become horrific. I don't know if they're trying to fit in too much with the USA "characters welcome" campaign, but the dialogue is just so over the top, it's brutal. There was an episode last summer that involved poker, and every other freaking line in the hour had some sort of bad cards cliche. I wanted to punch my TV by the end.

On the other hand, I enjoy SVU a lot. Even when the cases suck, I generally like everybody on the cast. Christine Lahti's ADA character to start this year was nauseating, but her fall from grace made it worth it. And we have Mrs. Bobby Flay back as the ADA, so that's a plus.

By the way, for you Twitter types, Diane Neal (who played ADA Casey Novak) is pretty entertaining to follow (@DianeNeal). Still seems pretty bitter about getting turfed from SVU. She got in a pretty good line about her former show a couple weeks ago:

"I got new, new iPhone. Working well here in ass end of nowhere. And no, didn't join FBI undercover in Oregon fighting Eco terrorists."

ZING!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Incredible Hulk beat writer" would look awesome on a resume.
    Nowadays the Hulk would elude McGee because McGee had to take a few furlough days.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, David Banner would be unmasked as the Hulk via crowdsourcing, Twitpics, Facebook and text messaging.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I figure this thread is as good as any to ask this question since many fans of both Cold Case and Law and Order have posted here -- is it just me or is Cold Case different from Law and Order in that, I can watch Law and Order episodes over and over and over and never get tired of them but for some reason, I can only watch Cold Case, even the best episodes, once and then I have no interest in watching them again.

Am I alone in this?

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

First of all, Ben Stone sucks. Long live Jack McCoy.

Secondly, the best reruns are the ones with Jerry Orbach, Jesse L. Martin, Waterson, and Fred Dalton Thompson as the DA.

Thirdly, if I knew Alana De Graza would be prosecuting me, I'd commit some sort of crime that requires me to be in the same room as her for as long as possible.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Yes. Yes. Very Much Yes.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'll take Ben Stone over McCoy.

Didn't Alana De Graza play Delko's sister on CSI: Miami?

Everytime she was on, a crime always happen and she happens to be in the middle of it, only for Horatio Caine to swoop in, with those damn sunglasses, and bail her and Delko out of a jam.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

To not save Alana de la Garza...would be a crime.

YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

No. No. Very much no. Jill Hennessy rules. All the other L&O babes are a well-trodden second.

10. noth and orbach had a special chemistry. it's sad noth was written out.

does profaci show up, or is he in the pen still?

thought the orbach/noth/waterston/hennessey year was the best. carey lowell is smoking, though.

svu was horrible when it first came on and got better, but then i lost interest.

i really lost interest in the entire thing when steven hill retired. "make the deal!"

dianne weist and angie harmon made me want to drill holes in my head, they were putrid.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I respectfully disagree, De La Garza is stunning.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The newer ones aren't too bad. I like the dynamic of having Waterston around, but in the DA role, and they finally found a cop pairing that works.
    But yeah, no one will top Orbach/Noth/Henessey/Waterston. Great cast, great chemistry, and it was right around that fifth season when great shows typically hit their stride.

They never said it explicitly, but was Kincaid (Henessey) supposed to be killed by that drunk driver? It seemed implied that she was, but she could have been horribly maimed or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted