1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How about the one episode, where the baby died because the mother took it outside in a snow storm, it ends with Journey's Open Arms.....cheesy, but perfect.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The stepfather of one of the WM3 is the main person a lot people think actually did do those killings. SOB pulled his own teeth after the cops said they had teeth marks on one of the victims.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

My favorite show on TV, and I still maintain Briscoe and McCoy are two of the best characters ever. But the show is so boring to me now. I guess it's because I don't like Roach at all and Sisto much better.

I DVR every episode on TV every day, though, so I get my fill.

4. zagoshe

I think the best teams were in seasons 3 and 4 which was Ben Stone, Robinette, Logan and Briscoe and then Ben Stone, Claire Kincaid, Logan and Briscoe

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Greevey, Logan, Robinette, and Stone is what made become a fan of L&O.

Briscoe and Green, with McCoy and Van Buren, with a heaping dose of Adam Schiff made me an addict of the show for life.

I like the pairing of Sisto and Anderson. I expect Anderson, given his background in comedy, to take up the pseudo-role of delivering wise-cracks.

Never, ever forget Van Buren's most famous line...

"Hello, my brother."

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Used to hate Roache's character, but he's really grown on me lately. De La Garza's character is nothing special, but she's good eye candy at least.

Sisto and Anderson are top-notch. Love 'em together. Wasn't sure if Anderson had the dramatic chops to pull it off, but he's surprised me.

This season's storylines have been really, really good, too. Every week is like ... damn.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Buck, agree with De La Garza. Goes from CSI Miami candy to L&O candy.

"Mr. Wolfe, apparently this candy is a bit sour."

YEAHHHHHH!

8. zagoshe

I think someone nailed it earlier when they wrote the spin-offs were bad.

I don't think they are horrible, but there are far more unwatchable and/or bad episodes in both of the major spinoffs than the real thing.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Disagree, at least on CI. I haven't been a dedicated watcher of the whole L&O universe for very long, but Eaves and Goran are my favorite pair of all.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

CI is a definite favorite, though I hate that Goren's going to be gone. Even though I do love the Goldblum character, he could be a bit grating if he's on every week.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bad news buck, they're writing those two, and Bogosian off at the start of this season. Love Eames. She played off the other characters better than anyone. Agree on the Stone and Kincaid season, it was year two and NBC decided there was too much testosterone on the show (ie. wasn't testing well with women), so they add Merkeson and Hennessy and the awkwardness the Logan and Ciretta has with the new Lt. and the lack of sexual tension between Moriarity and Hennessy was more interesting than the "I wonder if they're doing it" that went on with McCoy and the assistant du jour.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think SVU is really good. Mariska Hargitay is something to look at, she is absolutely stunning.

I also have always liked Chris Meloni on the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted