1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or his cell phone.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I know, watching old Law & Orders always makes me think "was the world really that different when I was 16?"

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I saw a link to this article this morning. The article made no sense and he kept referring to the fact that he "left the country" as if I was supposed to know what he was talking about.

So, I went to his wikipedia entry, and if it's correct, he comes across as a serious nut. Paranoid & nuts.

But I also learned that he's won two Emmy's and a TONY, which I didn't know.

4. YankeeFan

I thought this too. When he wrote that he left, I wondered where he went. Canada? That's where a right winger goes for sanctuary?

OK?

5. He is also a RAGING alcoholic. Which is one the reasons he left L&O.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was one episode from around 1998 when the two of them track down a murderer from a biker gang through a BBS message board. As if that wasn't dated enough, there's one scene where they're exchaning e-mails with a key witness. Briscoe says, "This E-MAIL, or whatever the hell it is..."
    At the time I guess it was cutting edge. Now? Might as well have had a line about inscribing on stone tablets.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I like that everyone in the L & O universe has a "FaceSpace" page.

8. YankeeFan

And the college kids all go to "Hudson University".

They also have a lot of stuff happening at places like 600 E. 94th St. or some other address that would be in the middle of the East River.

(I didn't check, but I think 600 E. 94th St. would be in the middle of the river. It's been a while since I've lived there.)

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Especially funny since everytime someone gives a fake address on the show, Lenny Briscoe points out that it would be in the middle of the river. :D

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Hey, it's a crazy world. Every high profile crime in the U.S. happens within one precinct and always comes across the desks of the same two detectives.

If it was real life and Jack McCoy had prosecuted all those cases he might be the most famous man in America.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Years back I was out during the Stanley Cup playoffs with some friends in the Swedish sporting press ... yup, you read that last bit right, I have friends in Stockholm and Gothenburg. (Dating this, we were in Toronto and the Leafs were in the Cup.) Afta a game we were talking about L and O -- big in Sweden. Then we boarded an elevator to head up to the penthouse bar in a Toronto hotel ... me, three Swedes and, last guy to board ... MM. Sheets, sheets, to the wind. I can't remember seeing anyone as blotto since. Nasty, nasty drunk but we were so powerless we laughed out loud at him. It was like the time that I saw Werner Klempner at the Oak Room in NY.

o-<

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The show as great in its heyday. It hasn't been good in a long time.
    And all of the spinoffs have been terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted