1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moriarty rips L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Moriarty, who it seems is to the right of O'Reilly on the political scale, rips into his old show.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/mmoriarty/2009/12/14/the-increasingly-red-law-and-order/

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The last words I've read from Moriarty that even made sense were when he recited the last lines Ben Stone said before leaving the DA's office. Regardless of politics, over the years the guy appears to have lost it.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He was damn good in that show, when he was there.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

In TNT's endless parade of L&O reruns, it would be nice if they occasionally showed some Ben Stone era episodes. Do they only have rights to stuff after 1998 or so?

5. Small Town Guy

That is so annoying. The only ones they show from like 94-97 is that three-parter that's based on OJ, with the Hollywood director killing his wife. They used to show episodes from every season, not sure what happened. You never see Chris Noth anymore, and rarely Claire Kincaid. Forget Ben Stone. And those episodes are among the best in the series' history.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They've been showing the first season the past couple of weeks. I think they are on at like 4 a.m., but I have the DVR set to record them. I'd never seen the original episodes before.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

As Jake said, they are on the very early morning runs. When I have my insomnia bits, I see some of those with Moriarty on them.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you're that right wing, Canada seems an odd place to move to. Just sayin'.

9. Small Town Guy

I must be just missing them, because the early morning TNT shows I always see are Cold Case and Without a Trace. They used to play NYPD Blue in that timeslot, but I don't see that show on anywhere in syndication these days.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Moriarity was a drug fiend for a while. Actually, I think the show with Sisto/Anderson as the cop pairing has had a bit of a revival the past couple of years. Linus Roache's character isn't written so great, de la Garza is serviceable, and I still can't buy Waterston as the boss.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The old, old L&O reruns are usually on around 3 or 4 a.m. Most of the ones they show during the day are Jerry Orbach/Benjamin Bratt, at the earliest.
    I love how you can date this show by the cop/DA pairings. It's like some weird version of carbon dating.

12. Small Town Guy

Especially the ones where Orbach watches as Bratt uses the Internet in any fashion.

Draft saved Draft deleted