1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" opens today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 7, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Re: Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" opens up in 22 days

My. God. I remember watching him and my jaw just dropping.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The true jaw-dropping scene from Roger & Me was the rabbitt, but Eubanks sure did come off like a douche, didn't he?

3. Re: Michael Moore's new documentary "Sicko" opens up in 22 days

I like him but he does get preachy and heavy handed a bit ... that's why I always rent his movies ... so I can fast forward through the lectures ...

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He should have waited a couple of months to finish it. Did you hear that news story about the woman who DIED while waiting in an LA hospital waiting room? She was vomiting blood and her husband and a bystander were so frustrated at their inability to get help they called 911 from the hospital waiting room. Geesh.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I got this in my e-mail:

I don't think it will be a huge box office hit, like Fahrenheit 9/11 was, but I do think it may be the most important film of the year.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm headed out in a half hour.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When you get a chance, let us know how it was.

8. Simon_Cowbell

LOL....

Like that could possibly not happen!

Cheers.

9. Simon_Cowbell

By far, his best work. Not even close. Practically speaking, blows An Inconvenient Truth out of the water, too.

He will be accepting another Oscar next February, unless that psycho Cuban witch Ileana Ros-Lehtinen kills him first.

While I was weeping at the end, most of the film I spent with my hands literally clenched into fists, wanting to get to D.C. as quickly as possible and assault OUR Congress. Actually, there were also tears in my eyes at those times, too.

It was really an anecdotal film. The 9/11 people.... it's so fucking unacceptable.

I loved the shot he took at the Web site, cloaked behind a sarcastic veneer of altruism.

I'm not going to do any spoiling here, though.

The overpowering message of this film is this: It's easy to downplay how nasty a problem this healthcare issue is when you are upper-middle-class to upper.

I know that all the usual suspects will not watch this film. It's that deep Republican value of having an aversion to elitismeducation rearing its ugly ass again.

Shame on you.

If I do ever lose my job, there is no doubt I will be forced from this country. I'm just old enough and with just enough medical history to allow a "new" insurer to potentially bury me in pre-existing-condition denials.

I know a little French.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thanks for posting that.

11. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Michael Moore is a fraud.

The auto industry never moved jobs out of country.

There are no gun-control problems in this country.

The Iraq war has been an overwhelming success.

The insurance industry is a victim of the gay-lobby.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

As I mentioned on the documentaries thread, I'm not a fan of Moore but I'm a fan of this movie. I wish he wouldn't rely so much on anecdotes and stunts but it's still an informative, entertaining work.

Draft saved Draft deleted