1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore targetted by U.S. Treasury Department

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Who asked where the faux centrists were?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Sorry but they are not ludicrous at all. They all use different outlets for their creative energies and all have no problem taking creative liberties -- or flat out lying -- to enhance their position or arguments and promote themselves.

Your problem is you can't see past your own biases.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm joking with FB, Pastor... Hard to follow, maybe. You wrote, "... nobody seems to have a problem with the conservative parallels that are vastly more mainstream and influential than the Michael Moore movie that comes out once ever few years."

I pointed out that thread where I made "the conservative parallels." After I had done that, FB called me a "faux centrist."

When FB just weighed in and said he stands by it, my joke was that you asked earlier on this thread where the faux centrists are (i.e. FB called me a faux centrist for comparing Michael Moore to Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter) and me having felt validated by being able to raise my hand.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I guess I should have read FB's post.

Damn faux centrist.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Apparently, Moore interviewed Roger Smith on two separate occasions prior to and during the filming of "Roger & Me." Of course, an acknowledgement of this by Moore would pretty much negate the entire premise of his breakthrough film, so he continues to pretend it isn't an issue of credibility.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Simply wrong.

But this board is nothing if not intractable.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Moronic comparison.

And one wonders why we are considered the toy department.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Whose problem?

Whose biases?

9. Simon_Cowbell

Apparently has many parents.... Lupertazzi Jr.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Michael Moore (right) meets his lookalike and intellectual superior.

[​IMG]

11. Your problem is you don't think. But that's neither here nor there.
    I would propose that either you -- or Ragu -- find any public position taken by Ms. Coulter that approaches the sublety and nuance of Moore's position on guns in Bowling For Columbine, assuming you can judge that movie honestly.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

How and why should anyone honestly judge a movie that, like all of Moore's work, is most noteworthy for its dishonesty?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.