1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore: 'Newspapers Slit Their Own Throats, Good Riddance'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Sep 14, 2009.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

How about no newspapers publicize his movie?

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Where's all those on this board who quoted everything Moore mouthbreathed to them in 2004?

But I digress.

Newspapers may have slit their throats, but somehow, Moore hasn't slit any of his chins.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Again, he's 100 percent right.

Nothing to see here.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice Moore talked about the death of American newspapers while at a news conference in Toronto?

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

"Mr. Michael Moore, I'd like to introduce you to someone you've never met. Mr. Credibility, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Mr. Michael Moore. Mr. Moore, Mr. Credibility. Thank you, very much."

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This line caught my eye:

"Moore said he tried to include the subject in his new film, but it became too large a topic and instead he may make an entire film about the fall of newspapers."

Wonder how many people would pay to see a flick just over the fall of newspapers?

He does make some valid points. It's easy to blame the glaringly obvious sources like the internet, etc., but that doesn't quite explain why papers in Europe, Japan and elsewhere are surviving at a higher rate than here.

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

More than a few, I would imagine, since it seems so much of the public takes joy in the downward spiral of the industry.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sounds like direct-to-DVD to me, just because not that many people care about how the sausage is made. We'd give it Gone With The Wind treatment, but most common folk probably wouldn't go out of their way for it.

9. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams New Member

He hit that out of the park.

Other than the comment about the corporations supporting Republicans, which is more true than people want to realize, no one so far has made much of a counterpoint other than "Michael Moore is overweight."

How many of us would have less credibility if weight were a factor?

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

He says newspapers support Republicans?? What planet is he on? Other than that, his comments hard to argue with.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When does his movie "Sam and Me" come out?

12. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

My opinion of Michael Moore is slightly higher than that of Kanye West

Draft saved Draft deleted