1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Moore is scum

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 15, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152007/news/worldnews/moores_sicko_stunt_worldnews_janon_fisher.htm?page=1

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I probably shouldn't get into this argument. But what's the big deal? I mean, sorry that the one guy got stiffed, but it's not like the federal government and various NYC agencies haven't been hosing people who got sick after 9/11 for five years. And these first responders are big boys. They know who Michael Moore is. They know what Cuba is. If they want to go, let them.
    Bigger question is why anyone cares. Moore's a showman, which is a polite way to call him a clown. He's just doing it for the publicity, and, pathetically, we give it to him. It's embarrassing how much ink we spill on him and his ilk (Bill O'Reilly, Rosie O'Donnell, Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, etc.) when there are so many real outrages that are going on that nobody talks about.
    OK, dismounting the high horse now...

3. Oh, there will be hell to pay. And it may be enough to keep people from noticing how badly this government stiffed the first-responders and how Saint Rudy Of The Dustpile helped lie about the air quality. We're good at distractions here.
    NY Post -- A Useful Tool Since 1982.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I see what you guys are saying, but for Moore to use ANYONE connected with 9/11 to get his hatred of Bush across...
    He is in the HOV lane to hell.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Michael Moore is scum.

But he's OUR scum.

Back off. :D

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One thing I love is the consistency of some people on this board... A jerkoff with the wrong ideology does something stupid and you'll post over and over again decrying it. He gets called a jerkoff in every way possible.

A jerkoff does something stupid, but shares some of your ideology, and "it's no big deal," or "oh, that's just the jerkoff being a jerkoff" or "let's talk about the thing I'd rather talk about."

Just saying.

Substitute Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter for Michael Moore, and it isn't a "distraction." No "buts" on those threads... well, except from Yawn or Old_Tony, who are the yangs to your yins.

I have trouble understanding people like this.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Mark, I'm not sure you've found your voice. Say what you really feel in your thread titles. :)

Moorer can be a dick without much effort, no doubt.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

From Newsday:

In the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, the White House instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to give the public misleading information, telling New Yorkers it was safe to breathe when reliable information on air quality was not available.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0823-03.htm

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I had to look at the date of this thread... Could have come from any time since this board started... Nice to see there are new reasons.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

11. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Anyone who mentions, talks to or appears with anybody ever associated in any way with 9/11
    is a freakin' scumbag.

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I seem to recall that when Castro became quite ill, he flew in a doctor from outside Cuba. If Michael Moore wants to put his money where his mouth is, he should rely on Cuban medical treatment for the rest of his life.

Where Cuba surpasses this country is at the bottom of the system. Clinics vs. emergency room treatment for the indigent. The U.S. has to do a better job at that level.

As to Cuban innovations for cancer treatment, I don't know beans about it. Innovative treatment works its way into our system more slowly because of FDA rules. Subject for another thread: do we want to change that?

Draft saved Draft deleted