1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson as News Story - Dead to Me.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fixed

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's a very true statement.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The media and Michael Jackson live together in perfect harmony like Ebony and Ivory.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

An all-time classic......

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/14115/

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And since this is refreshingly, well, just fun and lighthearted, it made me think of this classic from In living Color, which I think might be one of the greatest shows ever, particularly the episodes with Jim Carrey.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

All the Michael Jackson references in this thread make me want to Scream

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

There are few things funnier than Jim Carrey as Fire Marshal Bill. "Let me show you something!"

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I didn't watch the memorial service, didn't watch news coverage of Michael Jackson's death as much as possible since June 25th. I would, however, LOVE it if Conan O'Brien has a Triumph the Insult Comic Dog segment from the memorial service and I'd definitely watch it.

Also, does anyone know if "Weird" Al Yankovic might be on tour somewhere (at fairs, usually this time of year) and playing "Eat It" or "I'm Fat" in tribute??

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I've watched a total of about 30 seconds since the day he died, other than one watching of the Thriller video since I hadn't seen it in more than a decade.

The guy most likely touched young boys, so fuck him and his 8 billion albums sold.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Didn't Joe Posnanski do a blog post about Corey Hart in the same manner as this thread and get lauded for it? Maybe you guys should be a blog. Er, bloggers. Of a blog.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't confuse people with the truth.

12. That's 2 Bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted