1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Irvin, your time is up...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Wonder if he got caught with the hookers and the heroin again ... someone in Dallas check the police reports ...

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just one small blow for literate sports discourse.

We are grateful.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I loved Parcells as a coach, but as a studio guy, he isn't anywhere near as entertaining as Irvin is.

If there was going to be an odd guy out, it should have been Steve Young. He blows. Even Parcells is better than him.

I see Berman's hand in this, just not sure how much of it comes back to Boomer.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

PY, you have warmed my heart with this tale. Thanks.

Philly fans make Raider fans look normal, even wallflower-ish.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Hey, bruh, can you get any inside scoop on this, who made the call? I can't BELIEVE that they got rid of Irvin and not Young. For Parcells? WTF?!?!

If you know anyone over at the WWL, see if you can get the skinny and pm me.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Too much to hope that DJ Stewy would exit along with the "Bail Maker."

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'll say this, as much as I like Irvin, if Stewy were thrown in the deal, I'd be the first one to Bristol to say "Buh-Bye, Mike." :)

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

We are neither "brothas" nor miserable. Just honest. Irvin sucked, and it wasn't just on the pipe.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sportsbruh is a racist fuck. It goes both ways.

There are plenty of nonwhite commentators that folks on here like. Irvin was bloody incompetent, and it's a great day for TV now that he's gone.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This news makes my day. Serious.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Dan Patrick would usually have Irvin on his radio show fairly frequently. I bet Irvin will state his case in some public forum such as a sports talk show -- he doesn't fall short in the ego category, that much is true.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well look at you, you little racist bitch.

oh yeah, go fuck yourself, ye below white trash intelligence.

Draft saved Draft deleted