1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metro Boston newspaper - Freelancer wanted

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by BurkeMetroBOS, Jun 4, 2012.

1. BurkeMetroBOS

BurkeMetroBOS New Member

Metro US is looking for a looking for a freelance sports writer to cover Boston Bruins hockey, Boston Red Sox baseball, New England Patriots football, Boston Celtics basketball and New England Revolution soccer as well as local university athletics.

This reporter will be charged with reporting in a way that will keep our readers informed, interested and intrigued. To further the effort of reaching our core demographic -- 18-34 city-centric upwardly mobile men and women -- we must not only report the news, but find and package it in a way that makes it relevant to our readers. Because of the nature of Metro, specialized beat work will not be the norm.

Candidates should have sports reporting experience at a daily newspaper or website. Applicants should submit a resume, three writing samples and three story ideas to Boston Sports Editor Matt Burke (matthew.burke@metro.us) with "Sports Reporter" in the subject line.

About us: Metro Newspapers in the US were acquired by Seabay Media Holdings and we are growing. We are the fifth largest circulated newspaper in the U.S., circulating 611,000 copies daily Monday to Friday, and reaching 1.2 million readers daily across New York, Philadelphia and Boston. www.metro.us
    Compensation: $50 - $75 per story.
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

2. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

I know this wouldn't be a beat, but do you need anyone to cover Red Sox at Angels when they come to Anaheim this season?
    Or perhaps the NE Revolution when they play at Home Depot Center in Carson, vs. either LA Galaxy and/or FC Chivas?
    I live right near Angel Stadium and could help you out. 10 years experience, incl. some MLB experience.

e-mail: bobi78@juno.com

3. JPsT

JPsT Member

Ah, yes. I can tell you're just the man for FC Chivas coverage.

Sorry, best of luck to you, but if you're trying to get gigs you probably want to nail at least the name of the teams. I don't think the Revs get out there again this year, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted