1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meth and Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 30, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, I go to my local pharmacy today to get a prescription filled for my wife. While I'm there, I remember we're almost out of allergy medicine. I tell the guy I need a box of the Advil Cold stuff on the shelf.

He grabs the box, takes out a big-ass binder from under the counter and starts flipping pages. After a couple seconds, he says he can't sell it to me.

It seems that earlier this month, when me and my wife were both suffering from head colds, I purchased two boxes of medicine containing pseudophedrine from this pharmacy. According to this guy, the law states that no one customer can purchase more than two boxes of this stuff -- no matter the quantity of pills -- per month. So, there's no way he can sell it to me.

Now, I understand that this pseudophedrine shit is being used to make meth. I understand meth is a big problem. But I ask you, what sort of damned impact do they honestly believe this law is having on stopping this trend?

They're keeping up with who buys what by entering the info into these binders. Since that's all they're doing, no one has any idea who has bought what at other stores. And since I can stand on some corners and throw a rock in five different directions and hit five different drug stores -- all of which I can walk in and purchase at least two boxes of medicine containing pseudophedrine -- how is this dumb shit doing anything other than annoying the hell out of people?

Look, I'm all for stomping out the meth craze, but who comes up with dumbass laws like this?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ya'll's gubbermint at work on goat heal

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you Dog, I'm not taking any excuses. Get me my meth.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

well, yeah. that works too.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would guess that the law will change when you stop making meth ;)

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know what they say Slappy: Don't tell me about the child birth, show me the baby.

Get it fuckin done Dog. I'm getting fuckin antsy over here.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Dog, earlier this month I had a drug counter wench ask me what I was going to use it for. I had half a mind to hock a lugie on the desk and ask if she had any other questions that were none of her damn business...but I thought better of it.

But if Meth will better cure phlegm... :D

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

On a very special Blossom...Blossom and Six try meth for the fifth time.

"Dad, I didn't know if I liked it! I kept blacking out every time I took it. This time, I didn't black out and I realized..."

A very special episode that no parent can miss. This Thursday, only on NBC...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Goddamn it, get your cheesy 80s sitcoms right...

It was the middle girl on Full House who became a meth head...

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Goddamn it, Blossom and Full House were on in the 90s! :)

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

... Life and Love with the World's Worst Drug.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Much like Calvin once wondered who the dude was who pulled on a cow's udder and decided to drink the stuff that came out, I've wondered who was the dude who thought "Hmm...if I mix certain cold medicines, Iodine and the strip you strike matches on and put it through a dangerous process which includes aceton, I bet I could make a kickass drug"

Draft saved Draft deleted