1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metallica to headline Bonnaroo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

If you think file-sharing has been shut down, and not accelerated, then you are not quite riding the technological wave.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Led Zeppelin won't be there, but Lez Zeppelin will!!!!!!!!

I love to go to see Pearl Jam and Jack Johnson (not to mention The Raconteurs, Ben Folds, Swell Season and the comedy of David Cross and Zach Galifianakis). Haven't seen PJ in 7 years and I'm itching to again.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

p.s. - Hey, Metallica - who's listed first on the poster? You better recognize.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Pearl Jam and Metallica are playing the same gig, Pearl Jam's the headliner.

Wasn't always true, but it sure as shit is now.

I was in middle school the last time Metallica made a record worth a shit.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

There's so many good bands on that list that I just wet myself a little.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They always have an insane number of great bands there. Problem is, you'll often have two great ones playing at the same time.

6. Hammer Pants

Absolutely.

My Morning Jacket puts on a phenomenal live performance, for what it's worth, as do the Drive-By Truckers.

Sad to not see The Black Keys on there. Those dudes bring the house down.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

amazing lineup so far

too bad there will be a ton of stinky hippies

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's why we've got all the patchouli.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

This is apparently going to be my spring/summer of music because I'm also going to JazzFest and I'll see R.E.M. in Chicago on June 6.

10. Hammer Pants

Hoping to see R.E.M. for the first time this spring. My second favorite band ever, behind only the Stones. I've got to see them.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

It would have been a better show 20 years ago, but it should still be good.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

REMs musis may be less than, well, good now. But they can stilll put on a live show. This festival is going to be great, I'd love to see Metallica and Zep and see all the patchouli-wearing hippies freak out.

But, it's just too damn hot to sit out in a field for three days in June in Tennessee. Well, at least too hot for me. How about a nice late winter-early spring concert where a light jacket and a blanket would suffice?

Draft saved Draft deleted