1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bradley Guire, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Shitter was full!

[​IMG]

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A chef family Christmas tradition, then watching my mother shreek in horror during the Bing Crosby/Danny fucking Kaye scene, while all the grandkids giggle about him saying the f-word.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You couldn't hear a dump truck passing through a nitroglycerin plant.

[​IMG]

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Is your house on fire, Clark?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Clark: Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on its way in from New York City.
    Eddie: [after a pause] You serious, Clark?

Also, Obama just signed an Executive Order giving the Federal Govt off Monday, instead of everyone working a half-day. Merry Christmas, indeed.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

This is the first year in I don't know how long where I haven't had to work Christmas Eve or Day. While the immediate financial future of our country isn't sitting on my shoulders, it is a pretty nice feeling.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm working both Christmas Eve and Day, but I'll be in Florida where it's supposed to be a good 40 degrees warmer than where I am right now, so I'll take the tradeoff.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Christmas 1987. Pats were practicing for a December 28 Monday nighter against the Dolphins in Dodgertown. Mark Blaudschun of the Globe and myself, only two reporters there, were pointedly not invited to organizational dinner. We had dinner together in the Vero Beach Holiday in, where, in our late '30s, we lowered the median age of the crowd by about eight years.
    Hint for diners: Never ask to see the wine list at a Holiday Inn.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

First post, Sarah?

SHOW US YOUR TITS!

10. It's people who make a difference... little people, like yourselves.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Clark: "So, when did you get the tenement on wheels?"
    Eddie: "Oh, that uh, that there's an RV. Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it?"
    Clark: "Yeah, it looks so nice parked in the driveway."
    Eddie: "Yeah, it sure does. But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month."

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Eddie: You surprised to see us, Clark?
    Clark: Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

Draft saved Draft deleted