1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas to one and all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Dec 22, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I am heading home today and, given that my parents still have dial-up internet, will be pretty much incommunicado until after the New Year. So I just wanted to take this opportunuity to wish everyone here, even the trolls, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

For all of its faults, this is still a great place to B.S. and talk shop. I left the biz about 18 months ago (although a fellow poster here was gracious enough to give me a regular freelancing gig, for which I am eternally grateful) and this place has become my technological equivalent of being able to have an office to come to. So thank you and have a Happy Holidays.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Happy Holidays, Your Eminence.

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Pope, let me also add my best wishes for a merry Christmas (in keeping with the situation, as they say in A Christmas Carol). I agree with your characterization of our boad -- mostly good folk with a few charactersthat are hard to deal with. So the best answer is: Don't deal with them. I think it has been quite noticeable that some of the best people are on here less these days.

All my best to everyone,

Casty

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

How addicted to technology are we? Holidays in the 1980s never included the lines "dial-up" = incommunicado.

HH to all even those whose worlds are interrupted by travel and the lack of wireless. Good luck on the Internets and all your holiday googles.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I wouldn't say we're "addicted" to technology. I'd say we've simply incorporated technology into our everyday lives. Y'know, technology allows us to have lights, and cars, and phones (both cellular and regular), and I wouldn't necessarily say we're "addicted" to those inventions. Dependent on them? Sure.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just for PDB while he's still got the Internets.

My Top 10 SportsJournalists.com guys:

1. KP
    2. The Good Doctor
    3. DocTalk
    4. MertWindu
    5. Pope
    6. Wicked
    7. HockeyBeat
    8. Alley Allen
    9. Dooley
    10. Writing Irish

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

And I was going to buy you a Kix CD.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're on my list of old SportsJournalists.com (32 and up) :D

1. Spnited
    2. BYH
    3. Casty
    4. JR
    5. Bubbler

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Try buying her a box of Kix. Didn't they have a berry version, or am I thinking of the time I combined the last of my Kix and Trix boxes into a big bowl of occasionally-fruity breakfast bliss?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

WOO-HOO!!! I made it onto SC's top 10 list. Christmas is complete!

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I wonder if I should be moved to the "old" list since I'm definitely over the age of 32 (not by that much, but enough).

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

As long as I'm still in my thirties, I consider myself "not old." Not young, perhaps, but not old.

Draft saved Draft deleted