1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas, SJ.com!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Dec 24, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's officially Christmas where I am, albeit only 10 minutes in.

I'm just dragging home from the last Christmas Eve party with the new colleagues so before I crash, I thought I'd send merry Christmas wishes to the board.

And now, to all a good night.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, KJIM. Hope you enjoy your holiday abroad.

Started my Christmas Eve by tearing the washing machine apart and removing a ball of hair and lint the size of a small mammal.

Christmas music playing and making cookies with the kids.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hope everyone and your friends and family have a safe and very Merry Christmas.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

To you as well, KJIM. Christmas is still about an hour away here. I'm off tomorrow, but I'm not sure what I'll do with myself outside of Skype home and make a round of Christmas donations.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, KJIM … OK … the rest of you, too.

Thanks for everything, folks. Sometimes this board is the gift that keeps on giving.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all of you crazies.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all from Canuckistan. (Y'all know Santa is a Canadian, right?)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fox News says you're wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/26/is-canadian-a-racist-term_n_83392.html

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Wish I had a broad for Xmas. Well, I have Mrs. Fly. But a broad would be nice, too.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY SportsJournalists.com FRIENDS (and my enemies, too)! 8) :D ;)

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I think all my Christmases will be abroad from here on out, except for 2015 because my home leave should be in December that year.

It is fascinating to be in other parts of the world during Christmas. So far, the only place it wasn't really celebrated was Morocco, but we did have Papa Noel.

Christmas in Saigon was a totally bizarre experience.

Here, people are all wearing lighted head-topper things ranging from what look like bows to reindeer. I passed multiple Christmas trees on the 20-minute walk home, all lit up at midnight. One, and I wish my camera was here, was completely done in Disney.

Good luck with the washing machine, tbf. We one had live squirrels living in our dryer vent. Thought the dog was nuts because he kept climbing into the dryer and barking.

But home repair on a holiday isn't fun. Hope it improves.

Happy Christmas!

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Merry Christmas to the SJ community.
    May the blessings of heaven be with you and your families this holiday season. May the coming new year be a blessed one for you and yours.

Draft saved Draft deleted