1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merged: Whitlock World

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dangerous_K, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/designating-target-next-step-in/20070419104009990001

Wow, what's it say when a sports writer is putting forth more daring social commentary than any political pundits?

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I think I'm going to hang myself.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Damn! I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a converstaion not meant for white peoples' ears.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh no, here we go again......

Note to self -- stay out of this one.

(And I am starting to wonder what others do -- is this guy and Jemele Hill the only columnists in America? And why does someone see the need to post everything this guy writes....)

5. Dangerous_K

Sorry zagoshe, I'm new here. Just thought this was a controversial column worthy of discussion, especially since he's putting his money where his mouth is.

6. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I repeat ... I think I'm going to hang myself.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Can we ask Webby or Moddy to develop another section of the board just for Jemele Hill and Jason Whitlock columns? It would probably make SportsJournalists.com easier to manage.

8. Dangerous_K

Oh god, nevermind. Someone delete the thread if it's such a big f'n deal. Sorry.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It isn't.. don't worry about them...

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

JUST DON'T CLICK THE THREAD.

If you don't want to read about Whitlock, why would you click a thread called "Latest Whitlock?" What did you think it was going to be about?

I enjoy the Whitlock/Hill threads because they post under their real names and you get to better understand how they crafted their arguments. I think it is interesting.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You can delete it. There's a button on the left.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I liked it. I liked it a lot. Others on here might say I have no opinion because I'm not of the same race as someone I have called a friend for 13 years, but he's right: Social change comes from small steps. And if he wants to call for an end to black on black exploitation, good for Jason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.