1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MENSA

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rusty Shackleford, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Two questions:

1) Anyone here a member?

2) Do you/would you list it on your resume if you are/were a member?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

1) I could be if I actually applied.

2) No.

For more information, contact this guy.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I've seen it only twice in review of resumes for Sports.
    Both times entry was included or noted in the "Education" tier of the resume.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You can spell SEMAN with the letters in MENSA.

Am I in?

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

or AMENS.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Or NAMES.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No offense to anyone who really takes this BS seriously (well, you are going to offended)--including anyone who says, "I could be in it if I wanted to"--but from my perspective, you might as well write "member of the douchebag club" on your resume. Anyone who boasts about how intelligent they are, usually has other issues that an employer should worry about--whether or not the person is really intelligent or not. Intelligence shows itself. You don't have to join a club or announce it to the world.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The fact that I said that means I don't take it seriously, Ragu. I don't care enough about it to join. I never posted my I.Q., nor will I, because no one cares. I also answered no to Rusty's second question. But thanks for playing.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Alrighty then. Someone had an extra glass of Sanka (fortified with ginseng) this morning.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

You would have to be an idiot to list MENSA membership on your resume - which, come to think of it, would ruin the purpose of being a MENSA member.

Being a MENSA member wouldn't help your employer/supervisor in the least. Having a great number of phone numbers and ability to contact people - that would be VERY helpful

Draft saved Draft deleted