1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Vogue

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mystery_Meat, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I saw this at the Barnes and Noble last night but didn't get a chance to read it. Seriously, Men's Vogue? What's next? Women's Maxim? Men's Bridal? White People's Jet?

2. da el g

da el g Member

Fox News Journalism Review

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Not to burst your outrage bubble, but Men's Vogue is old news. Cargo, a men's shopping magazine, has already launched and folded.

And at the rate metrosexual and homosexual men are involved in their own weddings, Men's Bridal can't be far behind.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I did happen to be drinking a cold glass of milk at the time I read that, and did almost choke a little bit. (Nothing on the keyboard, though.)

;D

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't deny that there's a market for that kind of magazine (last night was the first time I had seen it). I guess my point is that if you're courting a certain clientele (men), is invoking the name of a publication closely linked to the opposite (women) going to work?

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm sure it's a branding move... the guys who are going to be turned off by the implied association with a women's magazine aren't their target audience anyway.

I'm reminded of the nephew from "Ugly Betty" :D

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

although no one who knows me would say i'm a metrosexual i like to read those glossy men's mags, but there's no way i'm picking up any magazine with vogue in the title.

Draft saved Draft deleted