1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo To Cablevision- I Don't Care About Your Battle With WABC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That well known market in the area makes a nice cruditat.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Fresh Market? Stew's? Balducci's?

Can you be more specific? ;D

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just throw some frozen peas in a bowl, and tell them it's from Zabar's. No one ever wants to be the first to say 'what the heck is that??'

4. Boom_70

Stews- get the one with peppercorn dip

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dish Network dropped one company's local channels for months using hardline tactics. I understand where both sides are coming from on this. Cable is competing against Sat TV, Sat TV is competing against cable and another Sat TV provider. The real people they should be targeting aren't the viewers, but the advertisers. You pay $X for an ad, and I'd be pissed if those viewers weren't there.
    I think the content suppliers need to understand the economics of their business. TV is very much like a professional sports league partnership. Content doesn't mean crap if nobody sees it. And if you don't have content you've got no reason for people to buy in to your cable/dish company.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I got an email from Cablevision about this overnight. I have no idea why, or where they got my email address.

I'm in Chicago with RCN Cable. Before that I had Dish. I didn't have cable in Florida, and it was TimeWarner in Houston.

Even when I was in NYC, I had TimeWarner.

So, why the fuck are they sending me an email? I care even less than Boom.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What's the big deal?[/havetowork]

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D I like the way you think.

I went with black bean empanadas and mushroom risotto truffles + six bottles of wine.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I just got an e-mail from Cablevision telling me I get free on-demand movies today.

I'm in Phoenix, so I don't care, but my wife (and daughter) likes watching the Oscars and a free movie just isn't going to placate her.

She's not going to be in a good mood when I call.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

11. Boom_70

Bad news Cablevision showing the CT ABC station but not in Hi Def

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So you can't see mariah's mustache hairs, but otherwise it's okay. I hope lug's guests are okay with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted