1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Megan Fox as Catwoman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not a fan of hers... I hope it's not true.

Fox Set To Sink Claws Into Catwoman Role

6 hours ago

Megan Fox has become the latest star tipped to take on the role of Catwoman in a forthcoming Batman movie.

The sexy star is rumoured to be in the running for the part, if The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan decides to resurrect the legendary comic book character, last portrayed on film by Halle Berry in 2004's Catwoman.

Actress Michelle Pfeiffer also suited up to play the villainous femme fatale in the 1992 blockbuster Batman Returns.

According to British tabloid The Sun, 23-year-old Fox will step into the famous Pvc catsuit to join Christian Bale and Michael Caine when filming begins next year.

The as-yet-untitled project is expected in cinemas in 2011. »

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My first thought is that she can't do a good enough job. But, if this is true, I'm willing to give the franchise the benefit of the doubt after two very good movies.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's nice and tiny.

5. Mizzougrad96

I could see Nolan going with Fox by default. I don't see Jolie wanting to do it and there really isn't anyone else out there who would be an obvious choice for the part.

While both of the Batman movies have been incredible, the female lead has been the weakest part in both. Holmes was horrendous and while Maggie G is a tremendous actress, she was wrong for that part.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This is Fox news that will keep the board's attention ...

7. Mizzougrad96

I figure it's a default choice, not that it's a terrible one...

Jolie would be everyone's first choice, but she'd probably be too expensive and probably wouldn't want to do it.

Go through the A-list of actresses and find someone else other than Fox who could pull it off? I seriously doubt they would want to give this part to an unknown.

Anne Hathaway wouldn't be bad. I really can't think of anyone else.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck if she can act? She's wearing a Catwoman suit!

9. Mizzougrad96

I'd rather they hire someone who is hot and can act.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Because this is a great series to this point and I'd like it to continue to be that. I don't want the pick to be made to please Masturbation nation.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, I agree with that. I hope they don't start junking up this series with multiple sidekicks and villains.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And Mizzou, why does it have to be an A-lister? The villains in Batman Begins weren't major stars (Murphy and Neeson are good actors but they're not on that Jolie plateau for stardom, obviously), and I think it can be argued that was as good or better than the Dark Knight.

Draft saved Draft deleted