1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the new Hardy Boys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 13, 2007.

?

What do you think...

Poll closed Feb 20, 2007.
  1. Good idea

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Bad idea

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. I prefer Nancy Drew

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jack Black.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Who's going to play Fenton Hardy? The spinster Aunt Gertrude?

Seriously, I LOVED those books when I was growing up. I'd check out as many as I could at the local library when I was a kid and tore through them like there was no tomorrow.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually I like just about everything with the premise -- except for Ben Stiller.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I know one thing: This is sure to be better than the movie version of Starsky & Hutch.

I'll watch it. I'm a sucker for the Hardy Boys. While we're casting, how 'bout Scarlett Johannsen as Callie Shaw? Lindsay Lohan as Iola Morton?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Who plays Nancy Drew?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No brainer in a Ben Stiller pic... Christine Taylor.

7. Norman Stansfield

Speaking of fun, old books...

Anyone ever get into those Choose Your Own Adventure books? I used to love those almost as much as The Hardy Boys.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I always read Encyclopedia Brown

9. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

This sounds like a movie they'd come up with on Entourage and Vince would turn down.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Which of the Hardy boys is the gay one who believes in the space alien religion? And which is the smug one who used to be really funny, but now he just sucks?
    I have no desire to see this, and if they cast Katie Holmes and Christine Taylor in this (which you know they will) I'll have less than zero desire. Ben Stiller needs to find a funny script and quit appearing in these dumb-ass, white bread mainstream movies.

11. Norman Stansfield

Encyclopedia Brown was cool too. Although I always was too dumb to figure out the cases before he did. Probably would still hold true today.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

David Strathairn would be the perfect Fenton Hardy.

The big guy on According to Jim would be a great Chet Morton.

Scott Baio as Tony Napoli, or whatever their Italian friend with the boat was named.

Loved the Hardy Boys; I have a 1944 version of "The Cabin Island Mystery" and many early 1960s-era copies that have been handed down to my son, who is readin gthem now and also lovds them.

Draft saved Draft deleted