1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Medved: Happy Feet "endorsement of gay identity"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by scribebaseball, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the movie, but I thought his point that the title and the way it is advertised make it seem a colorful romp, so if it is surprisingly scary, that's worth noting.

Also, the anti-religious theme may hold some water.

But to go to that length to present those arguments and end with a Gene Shalit-like Crappy Feet line is pathetic.

2. statrat

statrat Member

I just sprayed water all over my keyboard!

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

... much the same way 'Philadelphia' was pushing the gay agenda more than a decade ago! The gay reign of terror just won't stop !!!

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I read a movie review once about the Brandon Frasier flick "Blast From The Past" which included the lede, "Blast from the past? More like a blast from my ass."

It was in the Washington State student newspaper. Congrats to Michael Medved for writing with a razor-sharp wit nearly equal to that of the Daily Evergreen arts staff.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I won't rehash my rant from the other thread about this movie, but I'll say this: There was certainly an agenda or two, but gay wasn't among them. The heaviest theme was "it's OK to be different." I didn't think it was all that scary, but I'm 41 years old. The preschool kids who were in the theatre didn't seem frightened by it. They had great fun imitating Bumble when he tried to sing, which to me kind of added to the entertainment.

If you like 70s and 80s music (or Riverdance or Stomp, for that matter), you'll love the soundtrack, btw. It cuts across a variety of genres.

Draft saved Draft deleted