1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mediaite ranks the sports bloggers, writers and tweeters

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

Read the first few pages...is it bad that I dont know more than half of these guys?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No, Paper Guy. If you were Blogger Guy or Tweet Guy, you should be embarrassed.

3. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

With that quote and who is #1, I have to imagine this list wont be very popular here...

4. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Oh, well, after seeing the Daly twitter crap yesterday I thought for a second this was Rocco Mediate ranking the writers, as someone else said. Not even going to read any further, I'll just mosey along ...

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My dog, Harry, is ranking his favorite bloggers and twits, too. I'll post them tomorrow.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So the moral of this list is that if Joe Posnanski works very hard and sharpens his wit a little more, he can one day reach the level of Bill Simmons or A.J. Daulerio. Good lesson.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

The newspaper holds him back.

As opposed to Simmons. Ain't nothing gonna breaka his stride. Nobody gonna slow him down. Oh no. He got to keep on movin'.

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Don't show this to our publisher, he'll be disappointed our newspaper's Twitter and blog site isn't listed.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've covered enough women's college basketball to know that Mediaite is a Lithuanian female surname.

10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I read that list and felt dumber for having done so.

Mediaite's gag is to put out lists of top editors and other media types in an attempt to lure top editors and media types into visiting the site to see where they are ranked. So go there if you're looking for the insights of people who create content with their eyes chiefly on self-promotion.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cracks me up every time.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Me, too. Heck, I actually like the guy, admire his balls for trying something and am happy for his success.
    But I also have the mind of a five-year-old so what the hell!

Hit the ol' cell banana for the 411 on the PAR-TAY!

Draft saved Draft deleted