1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media morons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Apr 25, 2007.

?

Who among us in the media do you wish would just shut up, go away and never come back again the most

1. Stephen A. Smith

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Rosie O'Donnell

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Mike Lupica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ann Coulter

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Skip Bayless

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Mike & the Mad Dog

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Howard Eskin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bob Ryan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jim Rome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Jay Mariotti

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. Bill Simmons

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  12. Stuart Scott

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  13. Michael Kay/John Sterling/Suzyn Waldman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. All of the above

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  15. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. boots

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. boots

boots New Member

The problem that I have with this list is who are you to say who is annoying? I'm not picking a fight here but you don't have to listen or hear or watch any of the people you list. I'm sure there are people who find you annoying.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, you are picking a fight. As usual. At least you managed to type in the first-person singular this time.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Without getting too argumentative or trying to start a pissing match, I made up this list by just seeing who the posters on this board gripe about the most. Many of these people carry on at a high volume and/or say/write inflammatory or just flat-out stupid things. If you don't think any of these people merit a vote, that's fine. Your opinion.

EDIT: I added the unholy trinity of Yankees announcers and reset the vote for the final time. Sorry.

4. boots

boots New Member

We are not picking a fight. We are stating the obvious. Who gave you the authority to list anyone on the list? There are some who might include your or I on the same list.
    Seriously, are you picking people who have carved a nitch- be it locally or nationally - for speaking their minds? Or is it a list of people who you don't agree with?

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Dear Boots, the Almighty:

I want to express my deepest regret that I did not seek your permission to have the authority to compile this list. It hurts me that I so offended you in such a manner. Please accept my most sincere of apologies.

Back in the real world...

Seriously, boots, what's your problem? Who here has the authority to make any list? If you don't like it, fine. Go fuck yourself. This is also the last post I'll be directing at you. No need to engage in a pissing match, annoy everyone (which you have turned into an art-form) and get this thread nuked. Good fucking grief.

6. boots

boots New Member

You don't need my permission but I believe you see my point. I don't know if your name is on that list or if your name should be included on that list. The point is why post a list of people you don't particularly care for? I'm sure you have your reasons but what do you hope to gain from it?

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

To get a laugh. End of story. Good night, everybody!

8. Yes, Boots, we believe there may be a few people who would put you on the list.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

go boots go!

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Shit, beat me to it.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

away

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well, except for Rome. I'm out.