1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile, back here in Hooterville...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 17, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

the Mayor and City Council suddenly got rid of Barney Fife and the rest of the small police force and have contracted with the county to patrol the city.
    This went down so quick that it was a done deal before hand (nothing like small-town, small-time politics), that it's got me pissed off to that angle; even though that this police force did nothing much (woman across the street had a pistol stolen out of her car two weekends ago and the detective told her that "it's almost impossible to lift fingerprints off the plastic case the registration was in". Ms. Slappy, a former criminal justice major, gently told him that that particular plastic was excellent for prints. Five hours later, he came back for the plastic) it was local.
    So should I be worried with no city cops suddenly?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about our luck, slappy, but I ask you to be more careful in your usage of the word "hooter."

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Don't worry. So you have the county sheriff and deputies patrolling the streets instead of the locals. Half of the municipalities in my county do exactly that. They seem fine.

4. Yeah, but they can pretty much shoot people on sight out there, can't they?

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Only if they're democrats. Not sure why Rocky Anderson is still alive.

6. He has a gift for disguise.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ah, but they have to get the bullet out of their shirt pocket, first. By then, most criminals are long gone. It's time, I venture, to 'nip this in the bud!'

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This is also a town that does have a Mayberry festival every summer...

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That would be Mount Airy, N.C.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was hoping maybe this was going to be about the dog-collar rematch between Jake Roberts and McNasty, with Sensational Sherry locked in a cage above the ring to keep from interfering.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would be wrong, in this particular case, but thanks for trying...we'll just leave it at Parts Unknown...

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

A criminal justice major? Well, at least you can justify the handcuffs, now.

Draft saved Draft deleted