1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McRoberts the next Dookie NBA flop?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chester, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hiro

Hiro Member

I don't think anyone was expecting Shav to be the next McGrady or anything, but he was on his way to a shot at a solid journeyman career, minutes going up and such, with the 76ers before a freak accident (in practice, no crazy car mess).

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

When researching a piece on the Europeanization of the Raptors, I found that Langdon is starring with CSKA Moscow. Given Raptors asst GM Maurizio Gherardini's connections with the coach there, and how U.S.-born, Eurovet Anthony Parker has worked out, it wouldn't shock me if Langdon ended up in Raptors' camp next year.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Boris Diaw

4. Brand, Deng and Duhon are punks? I think not. They're actually pretty nice guys. Especially Duhon.

5. The Franchise

The Franchise Member

mcroberts=choad

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

See, what he meant was that he's seen them on TV, saw what jersey they wore for a combined seven years and decided they are punks.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Duke kids have always seemed soft to me when they hit the NBA.

Mike Giminski
    Mark Alarie
    Danny Ferry
    Christain Laettner

All seemed to be real crybabies

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

??? ??? ??? Luol Deng IS NOT a punk. He's done a lot of things to help the people in Sudan.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

So being a McDonald All-American automatically translate to being successful in the NBA? There are tons of Mac-AA's who shit themselves in college and only see the inside of an NBA arena after purchasing a ticket.

10. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Ultimately, I agree with Idaho's two points. It's not Coach K's job to produce NBA talent--it's his job to win games. But 95 percent of the other schools would kill to have that many former players in the NBA.

11. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Hill is a punk?

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Exactly.

K recruits players who will make a college basketball team good, not an NBA team good.

Durant will surely have a great career in the NBA, but a Texas team heralded as "the best No. 4 seed in the field" couldn't even get to the sweet 16.

Watch Ohio State falter at some point and we'll say the same thing about Oden.

But look at all the "great" college players in recent years.

Anyone seen Miles Simon anywhere? Ed O'Bannon? How about anyone from that Maryland team? Tyus Edney? Ron Mercer? Mateen Cleaves?

Draft saved Draft deleted