1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McPander: Busted again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Aug 19, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The goodies from Rick Warren's meet-and-greet with Jesus just keep getting better.

First there was his cone of not-exactly silence.

Then there was his fake POW story.

And now it's revealed that one of the three wise people he knows who he would consult - Rep. John Lewis - is someone he has no relationship with.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/archives/2008/08/9293_john_mccain_john_lewis_wise_man.html

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

This actually was interesting, but I don't see how it merits its own thread. Why couldn't this go on the Political News and Notes thread?

3. Because Obama's press agent thinks every time some asshole has something bad to say about McCain, it's breaking news.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I really hate to agree with Lyman, but I gotta agree with Lyman here.

And now I'll go take a shower.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Isn't it time for Fenian to admit he came back to the board as "spinning27"?

6. I wouldn't blame you if you used industrial-strength soap. :)

7. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

I think you guys get so caught up in stuff posted by Spinning that you sometimes overlook the actual ... well ... stuff.

Because it's pretty interesting to me that the guy McCain cites as one of the three wisest people he knows, and would consult on as president, says this:

I mean, seriously, if he's going to consult with him as president, why hasn't he ever ... you know ... consulted with him in congress? One of the three wisest people he knows?

8. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Dude, are you for real? Are you paid by the Obama campaign? You talked about being choked up watching McCain Saturday night. I know why you were choking, and it didn't have anything to do with McCain.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, and now you can be confident knowing you did your part to elect St. John. McCain Points are heading your way.

10. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

I'm not voting for McCain.

Spinning is...Larry Sinclair.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fenian's heds are upstyle. Ain't he.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I didn't think I needed to put that in blue. Guess I was wrong.

One the negative side, Fenian is more long-winded than spinning27. On the positive side, he's much more eloquent and much, much, more interesting.

Hell, we rarely agreed on anything, but I miss his presence here. I will never miss spinning's presence should he leave.

Draft saved Draft deleted