1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb said/PFT said... for amusement purposes only

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by anotherjrcsurvivor, Aug 14, 2009.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

i didn't say he was smart ...

2. The latest from PFT:
    "One of the nuggets we missed while embroiled Tuesday in Favre watch was that the Eagles won't be taking quarterback Mike Vick with them to Indianapolis for Thursday night's preseason game.

"The move likely didn't raise many eyebrows on the surface because, under the terms of his suspension/reinstatement, Vick can't play until Philly's third preseason game, which happens at home a week later against the Panthers Jaguars.

"Still, Vick's mentor and adviser, Tony Dungy, has talked repeatedly about the value of having Vick in a team environment at this delicate and challenging stage of his post-prison life. So why not bring him along and let him stand on the sidelines and get better acquainted with his teammates and develop a feel for how the Eagles do things on game day?

"Per a league source, the Eagles are leaving him at home because they want him to make his return to an NFL stadium in Philadelphia."

I seem to remember a playoff game -- a playoff game -- that an injured McNabb did not attend because Reid does not allow injured/ineligible players to travel. And McNabb was miffed.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I guess he remembers when Plax bailed on an Eagles draft invitation b/c he wanted to go see a MSU hoops game. Who knew that guy (Burress) was going to be such a headcase?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. I mentioned this on the preseason thread. Complete garbage. Reid always leaves behind players who aren't gonna play. And Vick isn't being held out of the upcoming game so they can save him for the home crowd. He isn't eligible to play this week, something handed down by that one guy in NY. What's his name? Oh yeah, Goodell.

Draft saved Draft deleted