1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb said/PFT said... for amusement purposes only

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by anotherjrcsurvivor, Aug 14, 2009.

1. While Donovan McNabb was saying this: "I pretty much lobbied to get him here because everybody deserves a second chance. What a better place than to come here with this group that continues to stay together and bond together through times..."
    ProFootballTalk was offering this: "Source: Donovan McNabb isn't happy with Vick acquisition
    "Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 10:20 PM ET
    "As folks in Philly begin to process the reality -- which conveniently was slipped through the five hole during a preseason home game -- that Mike Vick is the newest member of the Eagles, most people are assuming that current starting quarterback Donovan McNabb has given the deal his personal seal of approval.
    "According to a league source with intimate knowledge of the dynamics within the organization, McNabb isn't pleased with the development."

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering McNabb is considered one of the most disingenuous players in the history of the NFL, I'd believe PFT over the words from McNabb's mouth.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dungy said a few minutes ago that McNabb called Reid and said he wanted them to get Vick the day he was reinstated.

I'll take Dungy's word over the word of, well, pretty much anyone.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Florio is Matt Drudge of football.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Why is McNabb considered disingenious?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's "disingenuous" no?

he's been considered that for a looong time. going back to at least his disingenuous days with t.o.

that said, dungy's support trumps all. the most "ingenuous" man around. 8)

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I have covered Donovan McNabb since 2002. I would not say he is considered disingenuous. If that was what you took from the T.O. debacle, well, hey, to each his own.
    Mike Florio has no clue what's going on with the Philadelphia Eagles. Ever. If he posts 10 speculations about the team, nine of them are totally wack (and the 10th is something completely obvious).
    McNabb absolutely has been a Vick supporter ... whether that's a good thing or not.

8. And when all signs point to you being wrong?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/14/vick-signing-proves-one-thing----believe-nothing-anyone-says/

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The enemy Donovan McNabb knows is better than the enemy he doesn't. The enemy he doesn't know is any young quarterback whose ankles aren't made of paper mache and don't have a bunch of baggage.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Further buttressing my case: Today Florio has McNabb lobbying for the acquisition of Plaxico Burress. One problem -- I was there in the auditorium for McNabb's press conference today (Florio, not so much), and he was clearly joking.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

You don't think McNabb went to Florio's basement for an exclusive?

12. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Everything keeps telling me that what McNabb says about being in favor of a second chance for Vick is true. But I just can't help but think that there is no way a starting quarterback would actually be so heavily in favor of a move like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted