1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McGahee to the Ravens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Mar 8, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

Well, that was a first-round pick well spent.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the winner, by 14 seconds...

But after they traded Lewis, picking up a solid RB wasnt a surprise. Didnt think it would be McGahee

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn, you beat me by 14 seconds. I'll delete my thread.

Just like the Bears in the Thomas Jones trade, this makes no sense to me. Why would the Bills trade their marquee running back the moment they finally address the offensive line?

Even worse, they traded him to the frickin Ravens. Dammit.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

There really wasn't a way for the Bills to keep McGahee. He spent the off-season trashing the city and generally bitching. What's the point in having a "star" who's going to do nothing but piss-and-moan? Get rid of the locker room cancer and use the pick to try and replace him.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wow...the Ravens didn't waste any time, did they?

Great move.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Where's Dominic Rhodes land now?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Lance Briggs will do something similar in Chicago, where the Bears slapped him with the franchise tag. Just doesn't make sense to cut bait with the franchise back the moment you finally address the line via free agency.

Dominic Rhodes might be curious about the Bills these days. So are a lot of backs waiting for draft day.

8. Even with the whining, two third-round picks and a seventh seems like a light price to pay for McGahee

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Indeed. Sure he started to be problematic at 1 Bills Drive, but once the Bills finally addressed the offensive line they trade him, for what I think are three light draft picks? Ehhhh

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn Bills.... at least make them pay something meaningful for the guy! (whinysteelersphanboylooserpost)

11. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

If the Bills didn't trade him, he would have just walked at the end of next season anyways (I believe the upcoming season would have been the final year in his contract). Better to get something than nothing, I suppose.

12. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

Rhodes visited the Bills this week ... as did Corey Dillon, according to the Buff News.

McGahee never really impressed me in the pros. As long as the Bills can get a decent to good running back in there, I have no problem with the move.

Draft saved Draft deleted