1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McFadden's momma has a sweet new ride

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Dec 30, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3172484

Arkansas star Darren McFadden said Saturday he fully expects to play in the Cotton Bowl after a television report raised questions about his eligibility. KARK-TV of Little Rock has since backed off the report, apologizing to McFadden and his family.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/423466.html

KARK originally reported that the Escalade had been registered under the name of McFadden’s mother. But later it was determined that the car actually belonged to McFadden’s stepmother.

McFadden said his high profile justified the school’s continuing investigation, but said he expected to play in the Cotton Bowl.

This really does not pass the small test with me. I know the TV station screwed up facts, but that still does not mean there might be a story there.

Hope this is not DB, but I gave the search a decent effort.

2. lono

lono Active Member

What's the small test?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Smell test. Sorry.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

It was a small smell test. Rhinoplasty.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

He should have just given her his ride...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Throw some armor plating and bulletproof windows on that thing and it could serve as an assault vehicle over in Iraq.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought the father was going to try and keep him from playing in a meaningless bowl game anyway.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

So far, we've now heard three reasons why McFadden would not play in the bowl game...
    First, there were rumors of academic eligibility.
    Then, it was McFadden refusing to play at Arkansas if Houston Nutt wasn't there.
    Now, it's this.

Seems as if McFadden might be a tad ticked off when he hits the field on Tuesday.

9. Hammer Pants

Not that he'd need any motivation to run for 250 yards on that vaunted Mizzou defense.

I keed...

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Having seen both Arkansas and Mizzou play quite a bit this year, I'm still thinking 51-48 if McFadden does play.
    I'll be at the game, and I'm thinking somewhere around 4.5 hours to play this one.

11. Hammer Pants

This season has shown that Arkansas with a healthy McFadden and Jones is scary good.

When one of them is injured (McFadden against Auburn, Jones against Tennessee), the Hogs are mediocre at best.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet she just got a loan from LeBron's mom.

Draft saved Draft deleted