1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's to pull tomatoes from sandwiches

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Igor in CT, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Due to salmonella outbreak ... so, this does make ketchup a vegetable then, right?

http://link.chicagotribune.com/r/TWOAU6/08PGM/ONP0H/I9ZW/W4Y64/UP/t

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Then you've got the e coli lettuce scare as well. I've been trying to tell people for years, vegetables are nothing but trouble.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And I was hoping they'd bring back the McDLT...the beef stays hot and the cool side stays cool!

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Good. That means I won't have to special-order sandwiches without them, if I ever set foot in another McD's.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

What McDonald's sandwiches have tomatoes?

Now, if we could just do something about those dehydrated onions.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Fuck me .. I just had a BLT wrap from the cafe on campus.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The McDonald's here all had signs up that they'd have tomatoes again starting last night. Our state isn't one that's been affected by the outbreak, yet, but that's not to say we won't be soon. Every state around us has been.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Godspeed.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I referenced that commercial in an editorial once about terrible current ad campaigns. Nobody got it. So sad.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I think they have them in their salads.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I was informed when I got to a Don Pablo's for lunch today that all their tomatoes had been recalled and they had thrown them out. The service sucked, too, but that's another story. Maybe even a separate thread.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Because my trips to McDonald's are limited to shamrock shakes now, what sandwiches at McD's DO include tomatoes? And what about the ketchup?

You know what stinks about this whole tomato scare? I'm of the belief that no homemade sandwich is good without a slice of vine-ripened tomato. Every kind of sandwich, from a grilled cheese with bacon to a cheeseburger. Guess I will have to take my chances.

Draft saved Draft deleted