1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCarver + Buck = DOPES!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Look at these clowns on PTI standing under a giant umbrella at Jacobs Field while tons of people walk slowly behind them without a care in the world.

Know why?

BECAUSE IT'S NOT RAINING IN CLEVELAND!!!

It's 65 degrees, not sunny, but there's no rain right now and very little in the forecast. It's going to turn out to be a fine night. Fucking drama queen FOX dicks.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's okay, TSP. We won't think any less of your dump of a city if it does rain tonight.

3. TheSportsPredictor

Well, now it's raining, AND HARD!

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Do you have any idea what Fox spends annually on McCarver's hair? Do you? Clearly you do not.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'd rather listen to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver than Chip Caray.

6. TheSportsPredictor

They are good announcers. Just put down the umbrella, brella, brella.

Rain is gone again.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd rather listen to Carl Lewis sing the National Anthem than listen to Chip Caray.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Did anyone else hear Joe Morgan on the radio, waxing eloquently about someone, "It's like that old saying about a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get." Then he went on, seriously, with this metaphor until Jon Miller started making fun of him. Morgan had no idea that was from Forrest Gump.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least Charlie -- whooping or not -- is on that clip to soften the blow to the drums.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The thing I was thinking is that Buck's arm was going to get really tired. It might not seem like much but to hold an umbrella straight up in the same arm and not move it all for five minutes is pretty tough. Every time they cut back to him I was hoping he'd switch arms or hand it to McCarver because I just knew it had to be killing him, but he wouldn't do it. At about the one minute mark I started to think he must be some sort of machine, although before I could finish the thought he flipped the umbrella over his shoulder in some sort of act about how it wasn't raining that bad when everyone knew the real reason was because his arm was throbbing. The best part was McCarver immediately picked up the umbrella and held it for the rest of the interview.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Color Zack Mayo unimpressed.

Draft saved Draft deleted