1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain recited Steelers defensive lineup to captors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

mccain's a puckish guy, i wouldn't be surprised if he was laughing about that as he left the studio. remember kerry's numerous sports gaffes? telling michiganders he loves the buckeyes? classic.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kerry said to a booing crowd in Wisconsin that it was always his dream to see "Lambert Field"

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

In McCain's original story, it was the Packers:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/in-pennsylvania.html

So, I wonder if the same Washington press corps that eviscerated Hillary Clinton for being a pandering liar by claiming she grew up as a Yankees and Cubs fan, made fun of John Kerry's Lambeau Field and Buckeyes/Wolverines gaffes and ridiculed Barack Obama as a phony for his low bowling score will give McCain the same treatment.

Actually, no, I don't wonder that at all.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn liberal media!!!

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I would chalk this up to the harmless kind of pandering. Who really cares?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

There is a pattern here. CNN.com shows how McCain is just making shit up at this point. The guy tried to slam Obama for not partaking in a vote that he didn’t even bother take part in. Oh, but meanwhile, McCain was walking around claiming that he voted on it.

Next thing you know, McCain will confuse the times he talked with General Greene with the times he talked with General Patraeus.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Since the timeline is messed up, could he have said...

Malone, Stoudt, Stewart, Brister, Maddox, Worley, Green.

Our C.O. is Weegie Thompson!!!

Isn't Rush a Steeler fan? This is probably the only time in my life I will ever be curious to hear what he has to say on a topic.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Except that with the FISA/waterboarding/Gitmo stuff... Torture is not really an issue to play around with. Why did he have to F around with his POW stuff?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Because he already sees a tremendous ass kicking coming this fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted