1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain gets confronted with his record by a Vet; gets testy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This veteran -- a potential voter -- asked a well-informed question. McCain did well in the first 2:30 of that clip, going through reasons that bill didn't make it through. When he began to talk about his own military record for no apparent reason, which he didn't really need to do, is where it began to go wrong.

My problem with the snarky reply from 2:30 on is that if he's willing to speak down on the average American (who happens to be a vet) with such contempt, saying he has no clue what he's talking about, that's a serious red flag for me. It doesn't speak well to his character, which is supposed to be a strength.

2. All he said was, they must not know something you know. It wasn't that condescending.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think, as usual, the only person freaking out about this is Spinning.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It was condescending enough from a presidential candidate, who ought to be above snarky comments to the typical American like that.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Vets see through his bullshit. It's no coincidence that Obama is running pretty far ahead of him in military contributions.

6. Last time I checked, Bill Clinton has a temper, too.

I should know better than to post on a thread started by Obama's press secretary.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The last time I checked, you were talking about a president who finished his second and last term in 2000 and was unrelated to the conversation.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No shit... It's really beyond nauseating...

9. Of course he's unrelated, because he proves my point.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What is your point? That Bill Clinton has a temper?

11. That tempers aren't unusual, and that they don't necessarily exclude someone from perhaps becoming a good, or at least popular, president (unless he's a Republican, I guess).

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Nobody said such a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted