1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain completes sellout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jul 2, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hires Karl Rove's right-hand man as campaign manager

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/us/politics/02cnd-manage.html?hp

Mr. Schmidt’s elevation is the latest sign of increasing influence of veterans of Mr. Rove’s campaign efforts in the McCain operation. Nicolle Wallace, who was communications director for Mr. Bush in the 2004 campaign and in his White House, has joined the campaign as a senior adviser, and will travel with Mr. McCain every other week. Greg Jenkins, another veteran of Mr. Rove’s operation, has joined the McCain communications operation.

Dirty politics as usual among the Republicans.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do what you've got to do to win.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, and I'm sure once McCain wins, he'll quickly eschew the advice of those who helped him win and just go with that maverick gut of his. Wake up, will you?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's already gone through more campaign personnel than shit through a goose, this year.

More dirty tricks, more often.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Next step: Reduce age by 25 years and develop personality.

6. Can you say desperate? His campaign is flailing around, trying to find something that sticks.

Obama's inexperienced, he's only served a few years in the Senate! No, wait. Obama's a typical politician! Of course, how can he be a typical pol if he's only served a few years in the Senate?

He's against drilling in ANWR, but for drilling off the coasts. He sponsored the immigration bill, but now he says he wants enforcement first. What the hell does he stand for?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm not going to kick the guy while he's down. He's in a bad spot, in the wrong year. But I remain in full cut-the-crap mode, as we await Shit Schmidt's
    reaching deep into the Rovian playbook.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jesus Christ... Get the fuck over it.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

OK. If you say so.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I fully expect Schmidt to play up McCain's war record when fighting the dinosaurs. That is the stuff of legend.

11. Rove had a nice little run in 2002 and 2004, but Turd Blossom's reputation as a political genius left the station when he helped hand Congress over to the Dems, "resigned" from his job at the WH and watched Fredo's approval ratings sink to historic lows. If McCain wants on board this sinking ship, he may be more senile than I thought.

"History will note that the worst setbacks to modern conservatism have been dealt within the movement, most prominently by George W. Bush and Karl Rove. The way things are setting up, Rove will likely be remembered as the architect of a permanent Democratic majority, a delicious irony he will not appreciate."
    -- Jay Bookman, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Get over what? Your stunning ignorance and overuse of ellipses? I'll try, but I'm not promising anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted