1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain: Being in an orphanage is better than having two gay parents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 13, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

We already have one President who's hideously out of touch with the American people. What's one more President out of touch with America?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What is Obama's stance on gay adoption?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

He's fine-tuning his pragmatic answer at this very moment.

4. http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbianactivism/p/BarackObama.htm

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Has anyone checked to see if McCain has changed his gay-adoption position since the thread was started?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The fact that you dismiss that argument doesn't mean it is wrong. Sorry Zag, you aren't the mediator of which websites should be completely dismissed and which should not.

Of course, you also continue to avoid the actual substance of the responses posted above, which don't put your man McCain in the best light. He can't get online by himself or use email? Sounds like my mother-in-law. Don't get me wrong. I love my mother-in-law. But I'd be terrified by the idea of her working in the Oval Office.

I agree that the header on this thread was a stretch. I think it is exactly how McCain feels, but he didn't say it. But the man is very much against gay adoption and he doesn't understand the hypocrisy in pushing for easier adoption for couples, but only if they are straight.

But you would rather turn this into another attack on Al Gore, who is not nearly as relevant as John McCain right now. McCain is the one running for president. His words are a hell of a lot more important right now than something Al Gore said years ago.

7. Then I'll bring up Clinton or Ted Kennedy! Surely they are relevant...

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

But, but...he's such a principled maverick! ::)

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

But without his legislative foresight, the 'net's development would probably have
    been delayed, considerably.

Big difference.

Get the basics right, or you can't play.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Debunked.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Better yet, ignore the Gore thing overall. It is a convenient distraction that Conservatives love to play with.

Zag is just using it to distract from the problems with McCain's statements. Whatever else you think of the guy, he is very good at picking other fights to avoid the ones that make his guys look bad.

Even if Gore was relevant, which he is not, I would much rather have a President who falsely claimed too much credit for the growth of the internet than one who can't even open an e-mail.

Even if the headline for this thread isn't accurate, there is no doubt McCain is against gay adoption. He also demonstrated once again just how out of touch with society he really is.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

My man McCain?

Please, get a clue.

Then get a life.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, of course, 10,500 posts later, nobody is really surprised by that fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted