1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain about to pick Jindal?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 21, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

WaPo reporting that McCain is heading down to Louisiana to meet with him on Wednesday.

Novak is reporting that McCain will make his VP choice known by the end of the week, perhaps to steal some of Obama's Euro trip thunder.

Please, please, please let it be true.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Probably a stupid question, but if chosen - and the ticket wins - who becomes the governor of Louisiana?

This has weighed on my mind for quite some time, not just about him.

3. Spinning is the all-time leader of idiotic posting, but I'll say Louisiana needs Jindal more than McCain needs him.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe that would be the lieutenant governor, who is Mitch Landrieu. Recognize the name? It's Sen. Mary's brother.

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

READ: DESPERATION.

Say what you want about Cheney and I'll probably agree but he at least had a record.

Does anyone want a 37-year-old former state legislator one heartbeat away from the button?

I think it is admirable to choose an Indian-American but he is a evolution-hating, right-winger in the mold of W. So, good luck with all that.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

In other words he is a younger version of the guy who just won two consecutive elections........

Yeah, I can see how terrible that would be....... ::)

And I hope the Republicans do pick this guy because it would be funny watching the same guys who have spent the last year telling us that experience is over rated, now try to make the case that the guy "one step from the button" on the other side of the aisle doesn't have enough experience......

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Might as well repost this here:

The real Bobby Jindal:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080721/fernandes

His health care follies:

His poor record concerning Louisiana's African-Americans:

His poor voting record:

He's just as out there as the Huckster on some issues.

Not to mention, the guy has basically rejected his ethnic heritage by changing his name (to Bobby after the youngest kid on the Brady Bunch--makes you want to puke, doesn't it?) and calling himself an all-American kid.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

His resume is pretty comparable to Obama's, no?

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

He has health-care follies and a poor record with the NAACP?

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Obama has passed significant legislation (ethics, nuclear security) and was against the invasion of Iraq.

Post Jindal's comparables.

thanks.

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

All Obama had to do with that legislation was vote for it. He might have co-sponsored it, but Obama hasn't authored any bills of any significance.

Jindal does a few things for McCain ... it helps him shore up religious conservatives, who are a constituency McCain has never done well with (but must have). It adds a person of color to the GOP ticket for the first time in history (matching the Dems having a person of color on their ticket). The other thing it does is make Jindal a likely GOP star in the future, and the GOP has been in need of a new generation of strong young candidates that aren't statist nutcases like Mike Huckabee. He also provides some youthful exuberance to counteract McCain's age -- which won't look good against Obama head-to-head.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Jindal is a future star either way, though in this business you bever know.

Draft saved Draft deleted