1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayweather-Ortiz Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I don't see why people are crying fix. If you are going to fix a fight that's not how you do it.

It's possible that if Ortiz was coherent he felt relieved for the fight to be over. Landing the kind of head-butt that Ortiz did, which despite his denials to my eyes looked completely deliberate, is the action of a fight who is frustrated and unhappy. I'm not one to criticize fighters for calling no mas, but Ortiz has mentally quit in a fight before. That's not to say that he quit here but that the fact that he was smiling after could simply mean that he was pleased that it was over.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Unless it's Mayweather vs. Pac-man it's a sham...and Mayweather will never let that happen.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hmm. You don't se.

4. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Yes, I messed up the expression.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hints my response.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask the most important question in all this: What was the staredown like?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It was huge in Eastern Europe.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I never watch boxing anymore, but I know Mayweather is a bitch.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wrong. Mayweather was dominating. It wasn't even close. Ortiz didn't do ANYTHING until that first/last flurry in the 4th. Right before the fireworks. Mayweather was toying with him for most, if not all, of that fight. Not sure what you were watching.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Was it fixed? That the question is legitimate is why I quit watching boxing years ago and won't go back. It's barely above WWE.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was watching Mayweather walk around and refuse to throw a punch except on a counter. He dominated one round. The first two were fairly even. The fourth was going to Ortiz before the headbutt.

Rafael said the performance was brilliant and dominating. That's silly. It wasn't, outside of the 3rd round. He was ahead. He was not dominating.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Did it need to be fixed?

Draft saved Draft deleted