1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayfield tests positive ... again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 15, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

33. Jeremy Mayfield, 133 (exploding pot)

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

After what NASCAR did to Tim Richmond, I'll wait to see the drug tests results myself.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or AMC. His car would be quite the rolling billboard for "Breaking Bad".

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The sport that bloomed out of running white lightning has a driver using meth. Color me shocked.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Great point.

6. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

Besides, NECKAR is in the middle of a precipitous fall from the dizzying heights it attained in the late 90s and early 2000s. This sure doesn't help.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't know who's right and who's wrong in this (I hesitate to believe much of what comes out of NASCAR, which has always been five minutes away from pro wrestling). But already today, Mayfield has called his step-mother a whore and implied that she shot and killed his father (whose death was ruled a suicide).

http://deadspin.com/5316177/jeremy-mayfield-goes-to-war-against-nascar-and-his-whore-stepmom

The movie version of this could be a combination of Fargo and Days of Thunder.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not only that, he's going after NASCAR's First Family.

"Brian France out there talking about effective drug policy, it's kind of like Al Capone talking about effective law enforcement. And that's the way I feel about it. The pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black, you know what I'm saying? And I think the world needs to hear that, too."

Wow.......just wow.

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I still think the fandom is fueled much more by Bud and grass than meth. DAMHIK.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't think NASCAR would fabricate a lab result. Do you believe the moon landing was real?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'd like to think they wouldn't. They also see debris on the track and throw the caution flag out when no one else can see it. They also drop a mediocre driver up (Junior ... there, I said it).

Draft saved Draft deleted