1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, May 1, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Workers of the world, what's on your local calendar?

www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/05/may-day-occupy-labor-immigration-general-strike-breaking-news-reports

www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-30/occupy-wall-street-plans-global-disruption-of-status-quo-may-1.html

www.occupywallst.org/article/nyc-full-schedule-permitted-and-unpermitted-may-da/

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Man, you scared me. I thought you were calling for help.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I do miss the days of totalitarian regime parading their weapons in front of presidential palaces.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Today's itinerary:

Noon: Spontanous demonstration against the corporate world, check our Facebook and twitter pages for instructions and meet at noon in front of the B of A. Bandanas and hoodies optional.

12:20: Smash a few windows, overturn some trash cans, stomp a few cars, and generally rage against the system while walking a few blocks in our Nikes.

12:40: Meet at Starbucks for a skinny latte, compare photos on your iphone.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did anyone else make those little paper cone baskets and deliver them to friends with goodies in a ding-dong-ditch fashion? It was the Communist Easter Bunny.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I want to see more, the "Occupy" protests fail miserably today, or for them to be a huge success.

Nothing will help your brand more in America than associating yourselves with Communism's biggest holiday. Genius.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You called?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Feels more like labor day around here.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well done.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"Who's Street? Our Street!" chants outside my window. Interfering with my streaming tunes frankly.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I will celebrate May Day as I do most days of this month - by sneezing repeatedly thanks to all the damn pollen.

12. Should we read anything into the fact that the President chose May Day to attack Mitt Romney for having Swiss Bank Accounts? What say you comrades?

Draft saved Draft deleted